Redcliffe State High School was founded in 1958 and is a Band 11 school with an average enrolment of 1,450.
Redcliffe High is located centrally on the Redcliffe Peninsula, on the fringe of the Redcliffe Central Business District. The dual campus is situated on Oxley Avenue, Redcliffe and most of the school's clientele come from the suburbs of Redcliffe, Scarborough, Kippa-Ring and Margate.
The Eastern Campus has classrooms, specialist subject area facilities, the Junior Secondary Precinct, Library and Student Administration Block.
The Western Campus has the hall and Administration centre, 'State of the Art' performing and creative arts facilities and the wonderful 'Birds Nest' black box theatre. It also houses 'Studio Red' with it's Artists-in-Residence, studios and gallery. In addition the Western Campus is also home to the Trade Training Centre Science Labs, the Japanese Language Lab and the Gym, oval and other sporting facilities. The two campuses are connected by an overpass.
Curriculum offerings include a wide range of learning experiences which address the needs of all abilities and a heavy emphasis is placed on academic, sporting and scholastic rigour.